Monday, January 19, 2009

Rockabye Baby

Well, there's been a lot going on lately so I thought I'd give a couple of quick updates. Shae already wrote up an update on the babies, so I thought I'd give an update on the rest of the household. Shae and I are tired (especially Shae), but we're doing fine. Now that The Learning Garden is closed, Shae is home full time with the kids and is definitely staying busy.

My dad and Dorothy came down to San Diego last weekend for a visit. It was a pretty laid back weekend, but there was lots of baby holding and some good visiting. My dad and I were able to sneak out to Rocky's for a burger on Sunday morning, so that was nice. I was starting to think I wouldn't be able to have another Rocky's burger until the babies were 21. Other than that, not a lot to report. Like I said, lots of baby holding and lots of visiting. Oh, and yet another visit without anyone hurting themselves climbing up or down the guest room stairs.

Everyone always talks about how things change once you have kids, but I didn't truly understand how much until recently. It really hit me when I found myself writing an email to iTunes customer support about a week ago. The reason for my email: three of the tracks from"Rockabye Baby: AC/DC" didn't download properly. That's right, my lullaby renditions of "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap", "Highway To Hell", and "You Shook Me All Night Long" wouldn't play. How can my babies get to sleep without AC/DC lullabies? I'm not sure how the support person kept a straight face long enough to reply to me, but sure enough the next day I had new copies of the songs and the babies could rock out to the full album.

That's about it for the update. I also found time to turn 30 and take a couple of hikes in the last week, but those will get their own posts.

No comments: