Wednesday, July 2, 2008

So...When Are You Due?

I haven't spent a lot of time around pregnant women (it's one of the keys to my survival) so I don't really have a solid frame of reference to compare Shae to. That being said, she watches a lot of those damn baby/pregnancy shows and even though she's "only" 6 months pregnant she's almost as big as most of the 8 and 9 monthers on those shows.

Tonight Shae and I went out to dinner and as we were waiting for a table we ended up sitting on a bench next to an older couple. After a few minutes the lady finally leaned over and asked Shae when she was due (I think she was trying to make sure Shae was actually pregnant before she asked). Shae quickly replied that she was due in October, and the look on the woman's face was priceless. It was a cross between shock and pity and we could tell she was trying to figure out how many months away October is. Shae played it perfectly, and just when the woman's head exploded Shae followed up with "We're having twins." You could almost feel the relief pass over the woman.

My beautiful wife at 6 months:


I think I'm going to try to close my pregnancy-related blogs with a quote from Shizzle, so here you go:

"My babies know as the woman who yells at the dog a lot. Their first words are probably going to be 'LEAVE IT!'. Or maybe 'Lunchbox NO!'"

No comments: